Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Pittsburgh Radio: Shelley Duffy OUT At KDKA-AM

Shelley Duffy
Longtime CBS Radio Pittsburgh personality Shelley Duffy says she’s open to whatever her future might bring after KDKA let her go almost two weeks ago.

“I’m enjoying my time with my granddaughter and just kind of sitting back and re-evaluating if I even want to get back into radio.”

According to the Post-Gazette, Duffy, whose career here began with a part-time start in 1986 and transitioned to full time three years later, was informed she’d lost her job after reporting to work Nov. 17.

“It’s odd, but I think today was really the first day that it hit me,” she said Monday. “[The holidays] were so busy and crazy, so now this has finally set in. But I have such wonderful memories of working here.”

Duffy had been co-host of “The Bubba Show” on CBS sister station Star 100.7, when she was paired with Robert Mangino on the 3-7 p.m. KDKA 1020 AM shift in April 2015.

“We thank her very much for her service,” said Michael Young, senior vice president and Pittsburgh market manager for CBS Radio Pittsburgh. “‘KDKA Afternoon News’ is continuing. We still have all of our contributing people from news and sports and traffic and weather.”

Mr. Young declined comment on the situation, but confirmed that another, off-air, employee had been let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment