Thursday, October 20, 2016

ESPN's PTI Renew Tony Kornheiser, Michael Wilbon

Pardon the Interruption hosts Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon agreed to a new multiyear contract with ESPN, according to USAToday.

PTI has become the template for the “embrace debate” format that has proliferated sports broadcast media. The two were both columnists at The Washington Post when the show launched in October 2001 with verbal sparring on various sports topics and countdown graphics that have become commonplace.

“The fact that ESPN would give me yet another extension at my age indicates one of two things: one, they have never actually seen me on television. Two, they feel they are saving money on health insurance because they think I will have all my expenses covered by Medicare,” Kornheiser said in a statement. “Either way I am thrilled to be doing PTI with Wilbon and scaring the children.”

PTI, which airs at 5:30 pm ET each weekday on ESPN, is the network's most-watched daily studio show with more than a million viewers when re-airs are factored in.

No comments:

Post a Comment