Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Detroit Radio: WXYT's Terry Foster Suffers Stroke


Detroit sports radio personality Terry Foster will be off the air for a while as he recovers from a mild stroke, reports The Detroit Free Press.

The co-host of the popular "Valenti and Foster" afternoon drive program on WXYT 97.1 FM The Ticket tweeted that he's "going to be fine" and is walking and talking. He says he'll return to "being silly again" on "The Ticket" by Oct. 3.


Foster later gave an update on his treatment in a blog on CBS Detroit's website, saying he is expected to fully recover:
I suffered a minor stroke but I am going to fully recover. I can already feel a difference in how I speak and how I type. My fine motor skills are a little messed up in my right hand and I am not ready to throw a pitch from the pitcher’s mound.
But I feel a little better every day. 
I am lucky. I am fortunate. This is a wake up call. 
And I wear beads on my wrist to remind me to take it easy. So if you know of a place that sells really cool bracelets let me know.

Foster is formerly a longtime sports columnist for the Detroit News and got his start with the Detroit Free Press as a high school reporter. He covered the Detroit Pistons for the News from 1988-94.

He joined forces with Mike Valenti for the "Valenti and Foster" show, formerly called the "Sports Inferno," in 2004. Talkers Magazine ranked "Valenti and Foster" No. 5 in its Top 20 sports radio shows for 2013, the top local radio program outside of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment